Bakwan Udang Recipe
This food so easy and simple, and this food from Indonesia. So dont forget to follow indonesiarecipekitchen.com because this web is The Best Indonesian Food Recipe Informations.
In Surabaya, the meal is known as OTE OTE (meaning "naked" in English) – do not ask me why, while in other cities, they called Bakwan Udang (shrimp dumplings). I do not know how behind this meal comes from. But in my home town is a popular snack, and easy to find. I can buy some food stall selling different kinds of snacks. Here, as usual … I must do it by myself. Fortunately it is easy to do and not really take much time.
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced ??
- a piece of celery, chopped
- 50 g small shrimp, cleaned and washed
- 50 g plain flour paste spices
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- a mixture of 1 / 2 block seasoning (1 / 2 bag Royco / Knorr)
1. Grind or blend the spice paste.
2. Mix all ingredients. Then add 2 or 3 tablespoons water to mixture. If mixture is too runny, add more flour.
3. Heat oil in a wok deep. Take a small spoon and deep heat in hot oil. When it is hot enough, take it out and put 2 tablespoons of the mixture and add the shrimp on top. Take the pan. After some time, remove the mixture from the bag and continue frying until it turns brown.